- WHO IS APARTMENT DATA SERVICES, LLC?
Apartment Data Services (ApartmentData.com) has been a premier marketing and information supplier to the multifamily industry since 1986. ApartmentData.com collects and packages competitive real-time information that enables multifamily residential property managers to maximize revenues and occupancy; renters and apartment locators to find the ideal rental properties; developers to locate, plan, and design optimized floor plans for new construction and renovations; investors to make better decisions; and vendors to identify the key decision makers. We are recognized by many organizations as the definitive source for industry statistics and often quoted by the business press and used by government agencies to set property valuations in Texas. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas with operations in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Atlanta, GA.
- HOW DO I REACH YOUR OFFICES?
We are physically located in West Houston at 2550 Gray Falls Drive neat Westheimer Road and West Houston Center blvd. Our toll free number is 800-595-8730 and you can also reach us by e-mail at email@example.com.
- HOW DO YOU GATHER YOUR DATA?
Our goal is to deliver the most accurate and complete information on all apartments in our database. Our highly trained operators pro-actively call every apartment community in our database on a monthly basis to collect and verify leasing information, incentives, and to record any changes. Further, because of our reputation and long history in the industry, apartment management companies and locators regularly inform us of any changes as they happen which we verify directly with the property before updating and distributing this information in our database.
- Can I create Market Surveys for property groups that are not currently managed by my company?
Yes. With Elite member status, you are able to generate market surveys on any group of properties within a Metro area.
- Will I be able to see all participating properties in my portfolio?
Yes. Corporate access gives you a quick access list for Market Surveys and Marketing Toolbox features for all participating properties.
- Is it possible to generate a Market Survey for a proposed property?
Yes. The Pro-Forma feature allows you to create unit mix, pricing, amenities, etc. and generate a Market Survey in a specific area. This feature is also great for analyzing potential repositioned properties.
- WHAT IS THE MARKETING ADVANTAGE?
Over 6,000 locators and realtors who utilize the ApartmentData.com listing program can view properties advertised through ApartmentData.com. Community Managers can also send eMessages to this group of locators and realtors on a daily basis to advertise latest prices, availability, specials and commissions, etc. Additionally, an eBlast is sent weekly to our network of locators and realtors across the state. This e-blast delivers the most current eMessage posted by each member property on a weekly basis.
- WHAT ARE ADVERTISING eBANNERS?
eBanners are colorful, eye-catching, graphically-animated messages designed to proactively expose your community to Locators/Realtors in many ways:
- They rotate within the Locators’ online program as they work with their clients.
- They are eBlasted to more than 2100 Locators in our ADS Locator Network
- They appear on the “Messages & Events” web page within their program
- They appear with your ad when your community is on the Locator’s “search results” list.
- WHAT TO DO IF I’M HAVING ACCESS TROUBLE?
You can always contact us if you’re having trouble, but below are some of the most common troubleshooting solutions:
1) Check for pop-up blockers….you want to “always allow pop-ups from ApartmentData.com”
2) Delete your “temporary internet files” in Internet Explorer
3) Change your browser history settings to “view new versions EVERY visit to the page”
(2 and 3 can be found by clicking on I.E., then Tools, then Internet Options)
- HOW DO I SUBMIT PICTURES FOR AN AD?
We accept photo files from a zip file, website or Dropbox – or they can be emailed directly to Info@apartmentdata.com. If via email, the size (resolution) may limit you to email one or two at a time. Most people email in small batches to make sure they transfer. We also look forward to getting new photos!
- WHAT IF I’M A NON-ADVERTISER & WANT ACCESS?
We update with your community on a monthly basis and send a “thank you for updating” email reply. We invite you to “search like a prospect” on our public website, ApartmentData.com. For that, you do not need a login. Please feel free to try it out. Login/Access to our database is only available to our advertising members. Our members receive exposure to all the Locators across Texas, as well as from Internet prospects. Our members appear at the top of all searches (according to ad size) and will have more photos and sales messages to attract renters. With membership, you also gain access to your competitors’ information, submarket information and greater metro market – all within our proprietary ADSOnline program. If you are interested in receiving a call and demo from our sales reps, please let us know. Otherwise, you are welcome to “search” for your property using our search engine as a prospect would, by visiting ApartmentData.com
- HOW TO REQUEST CHANGES TO OUR COMMUNITY?
Requests can be done directly to our Data Department from your computer anytime you have changes – 24/7! See the steps below:
1. Click on our Apartment Data Services program icon (or login via website)
2. Click on the Marketing Toolbox link.
3. Click on the Request Update Call link (on the lower right).
4. Send your request and ADS will call you back.
We hope you’ll find this method more convenient as we strive to bring you the best, most accurate data in the industry.
- WHAT IS MARKET-TRAC™?
Market-TRAC is an application within the ADS Online program that provides monthly submarket reports including histories of occupancy and rent, classification analysis, absorption, rent trends, analysis of floorplan types, and data summaries for all submarkets. Apartment data is updated continuously, with 100% sampling! Access to Market-TRAC allows ALL users in your management company access to Market-TRAC!
- HOW DO WE CLASSIFY APARTMENTS?
The classification of apartments involves many factors. Tangible factors include amenities; unit mix and year of construction while intangible factors include location, management and curb appeal. Typically, these factors are reflected in each apartment’s rental rates. The ADS classification process uses two categories: one based on rental rates and one based on the year of construction. First, the rental rates of each apartment are compared on a floorplan-by-floorplan basis to the overall city statistics. This value is given the greatest scaling weight. Next, the initial year of construction is factored-in using a lesser scaling weight. The values of each category are combined to form an overall classification value ranging from 1 to 99. These values are then grouped using a bell curve to form the Class A, B, C or D rating.
- HOW DO WE CREATE MARKET BOUNDARIES?
Defining market area boundaries is based on common usage. New road construction, apartment renovations, new apartments being built and demographic shifts are just a few of the factors that were considered before the market areas were defined. Using advanced computer-mapping technology, Apartment Data Services is able to identify and define clusters of similar apartments. The benefit of this technique is that it enables ApartmentData.com to divide the city into market areas of apartments that are more likely to compete with each other.
- WHAT IS THE ACTIVE DATA GATHERING METHOD?
With active data gathering, every known apartment community in each market area is interviewed by phone on a regular, systematic basis by professionals trained to acquire explicit, detailed information. We don’t use blind surveys or rely on faxes. We speak to real people, ask the right questions, the right way, and get accurate, distinct answers that are then loaded into our computers for instant access and analysis.
- What are the main features of the Vendor Access?
You will have access to the list of management companies, directory of key industry contacts, and property specific information. In addition, you also get access to Apartment Pulse, which has a continuously updated Proposed Construction list, an Under Construction list, and much more!
- How can I locate the properties that fit my target profile?
With ApartmentData.com you have access to over 100 filters including management company, supervisor, year of construction, submarkets, custom draw, amenities, polices and more to narrow your search to the information most relevant for your business.
- Can I export lists that I generate?
Yes. You will be able to map and export your filtered lists.
- HOW DO I REACH THE LOCATOR DEPARTMENT?
The toll free line is 800-595-8730, and you may reach the locator department by dialing Extension 1.
- WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LOCATOR AGENTS?
ApartmentData.com is an interactive on-line database used by apartment locator agents as their complete source of apartment information and client management. ApartmentData.com provides locators leasing information on all apartment communities in the greater Houston area, Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex, Austin, San Antonio and more, so they can quickly produce a useful referral list of apartments for their clients. Every property gets a FREE listing which includes details such as floorplan lease pricing, deposits, pet info, application fees, specials, discounts, commissions and limitations, availability, contact information at the property and management levels, and pre-qualifying data. Some properties choose to advertise their “Locator Friendly” attitude by providing locators with additional details, photos and floorplans.
Locator agents maintain their own client database that helps them interview their clients, record important data about their clients, follow-up with clients and track them throughout the leasing process, and contact clients regarding their housing needs in the future.
Free training sessions are available in our offices throughout the month on a scheduled, reservation basis. Personal or office group training is also available on a pre-arranged basis.
- HOW DO I GAIN ACCESS TO YOUR SERVICE FOR APARTMENT LOCATORS? HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET STARTED?
All agent access requires agent log-in codes issued by an Apartment Data Services’ representative. Agents please call 281-759-2200 Ext. 1 or our toll free line 800-595-8730 Ext. 1 and service can be set up within a matter of minutes.
- IS YOUR SYSTEM DIFFICULT TO USE?
Free training sessions are available in our offices throughout the month on a scheduled, reservation basis. Personal or office group training is also available on a pre-arranged basis. However, many agents learn on their own how to use the valuable tools at their fingertips.
There are four basic steps once an agent has logged in:
1. Create a new client record. The program automatically checks for any “Conflict” with any other client registration by any other locator.
2. Choose from over 100 filters that include location by cities, zip code, school, Google mapping, predefined map areas, street name, apartment name, and management company name. Select filters based on details provided by the client under Requirements (number of bedrooms, price range, and pet information); Preferences that include Top Amenities like washer/dryer connections or machines; Exterior Amenities such as tennis court, play ground and theater room; Interior Amenities featuring fire places, non-carpeted floors, and walk-in showers, and specific Parking/Bus situations. The locator then selects from Agent Only policies such as: Use Locator, Short Term, Broken Lease, Bankruptcies, Rent Subsidies, and filters like Year Built, and Number of Floors to list a few.
3. Mark selected apartments as Favorites that the agent wants to present to his/her client. Add memos per property to instruct clients regarding availability, an applicable special or direct them to ask for a named leasing agent.
4. Send a list of apartment referrals to the client using pre-written email templates for added speed.
- IS YOUR SERVICE AVAILABLE ON MOBILE DEVICES?
Yes. Since ApartmentData.com is a web-based program, any locator agent with a smart device is able to access his/her personal weblink.
- CAN I USE SOME OF YOUR DATA ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE?
Apartment locators may choose to embed access to ApartmentData.com into their websites, emails, or advertising through a link as a searchable apartment database for their clients. There is no charge for this service. Please call the locator department to get set up.
- WHAT ELSE DO YOU OFFER LOCATOR AGENTS?
ApartmentData.com gives you more than just a searchable apartment database and a track able customer database. There are extra features such as Events, Parties and More (electronic messages from the apartments to the locators spotlighting the hottest commission rates, give-aways, locator parties, and educational events as well as rent reductions and move-in specials for locator clients).
If you want to populate a website or email with industry knowledge, there is the popular feature Industry News. This link gives the locator statistics about rental rates and occupancy trends as well as details on new construction, rental concessions and more in Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio.
An additional feature that gives a lot of power and speed to your searches is the ability to create Custom Apartment Tags. Agents use custom tags to create groups of apartments based on any criteria they might choose such as hard to find amenities like boat slips, or to mark apartments you may want to avoid sending new traffic to because they are late paying. You may choose to name and apply up to 10 Custom Apartment Tags to the apartment database.
You can easily create an Export Data File to move customer information into another program such as MS Excel, Word, or text file for mail merge or other marketing campaigns.
ApartmentData.com also offers personalization of the weblink with your company logo, slogan, personal photo, and background colors to make integration into your website seamless.
The ability to sort the Client Library by Lease Expiration will help you re-contact clients who might need to lease again.
Properties post Live Messages everyday in order to keep you informed about changes, short term specials, availability and any other news you wish to communicate.